Friday 2 March 2012

Aqua Marina Cleaner - Lush - Review

Recently my flatmates and myself made a little trip to Lush after we decided we were going to have a hair dyeing and face mask night. I wish the hair dyeing had been as successful as our trip to Lush.


I rave on about Lush as you may have noticed but I usually stick to the same products.  I wanted to try something different so I asked the sales lay for some samples. Well I call her a sales lady but she did not end up selling us anything but instead gives us lots of samples of the products we enquired about and threw some extra products in to what turned out to be a rather large goodie bag. 
It was such a pleasant shopping experience.  At no point did I feel pressured to purchasing anything and I went in with the intentions of purchasing a face mask and getting one free sample of the Aqua Marina Cleanser.

I first tried the Aqua Marina Cleanser years ago.  It was one of the first products I ever bought from Lush but it didn't make much of an impact on me back then.  I think it was because my skin was so bad with acne back then that anything that did not immediately make my skin like porcelain was rendered useless but I had a better experience with it this time.

The sales lady advised me that with my skin being quite dry it was probably not the best product for my skin as its got calamine powder in it but she gave me a little sample anyways and another cleanser that is more suited to my skin type.


As you can see from the photo it looks almost like an obscure piece of sushi due to the seaweed but the seaweed is my favourite part as its so obviously a natural ingredient and this makes me drawn towards putting it on my face.  Don't ask me why - I don't know.

To use the cleanser you break a little bit off and run it under warm water to mix, until it becomes like a milky paste. Give your face a  good rubadubdub and then rinse it off. Pat dry - ala! Pretty face!

It leaves you skin really soft and calm feeling - if like me you have irritated skin.  I don't feel the cleanser has dried my skin out but it does leave it feeling a little bit tight across the cheeks but not as tight as soap does.  I am going to compare it to the Angels On Bare Skin Cleanser and then made a final judgement on which one I think is better.

Oh and if you are interested in the hair dyeing - my roots turned a gingery blonde colour whilst the rest of my hair remained dark brown and my flatmate's turned bright blonde rather than a medium shade of blonde.  The Lush experience was far more relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment