Tuesday 20 March 2012

The Body Shop Mango Body Scrub - Review

My skin has been super dry recently and extremely itchy and having misplaced my exfoliating glove (something every human male or female should have) I dug out the The Body Shop's Mango Body Scrub I got for my birthday.

I have previous reviewed the body butter to go with this scrub: http://missvictoriam.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/body-butter-some-of-best.html

I got a gift set with the whole mango range but having so many bathroom products means I have not used them all yet.  The mango body scrub has left me very happy though on a bleak day of dissertation work. Simple things.

As you can see from the photo the scrub resembles mooshed up mango.  I feels a bit like that in texture too if I am being honest but the scrub does contain real mango seed oil so that is obviously why.  Don't worry The Body Shop have not just mooshed up some mango's and stuck a price tag on it.  Although that would be a sure fire way to make some money.

Not only is the scrub rough enough to remove your dead skin it also moisturises as it scrubs.  Afterwards my skin was soft and felt like I had just moisturised.  It is more oil than cream based - so I do not know how nice this would be on already oily skin but all skin needs some TLC sometimes.  Especially with the summer coming in.  There is going to be a lot of exfoliating in my future.

I have also been using the matching shower gel recently and I am wondering if it is that drying out my skin.  I'm not going to review the shower gel as my friend already has: http://thebeautyfiend13.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/shower%20gel

But my friend notes that the shower gel, although it smells beautifully of mango's, does not leave scent on the skin.  The scrub however does.  Today I am wearing a scented deodorant, a body spray, perfume, my dry shampoo smells a bit like chocolate and I can still smell mango's.  That is impressive.

It is definitely a body scrub to use in the morning rather than to use before bed - as otherwise the soft oily skin and mango scent would just be wasted.

Price: £12.50 - you only need to use a little drop every time you use it though. It will last a while.

If you prefer to eat mango then check out my friends recipe for mango and coconut smoothie: http://www.madlyjuicy.com/?p=4258

I myself have sampled this and it is yummy - especially with rum added to it.

Enjoy.

Victoria

1 comment:

  1. Thanks forrrr the mention! <3 I'll give ye a name drop next time I'm doing body shop stufffsss, so hopefully not too far away! xx

    ReplyDelete