Friday 2 March 2012

Grease Lightning - Spot Treatment - Lush

Product No.3 of the free samples - Grease Lightning.

This is one of newer products at Lush and one I have pondered about but as I get prescribed cream off the doctor for my skin I have never bought it but on having tried it out for free I am now considering purchasing it.

The product is actually quite similar to my prescribed product Duac and Freederm cream which I also have a history of using.  Both very good for acne but sadly dry the skin out.



One of the main thoughts behind this product is to create a product for spots that does not dry out the skin - it contains: carrageen moss - a seaweed - which is very softening as to not dry the skin out surrounding the spot(s). 


Ingredients

  • Aloe vera gel to soothe and moisturise
  • Seawater for its antiseptic properties. 
  • Grape juice to cool and calm the skin.
  • Thyme, rosemary and tea tree herb infusions to be gently antibacterial.
  • Witch hazel, an astringent that is great for bruising and helps broken blood vessels shrink and contract.
  • Tea Tree oil, a powerful antiseptic

I haven't used the product for long enough to see if it is successful in completely removing spots but it certainly makes them feel a bit better and I have only been using it at night when I remember to put it on.  I think if it was used every night it would be really great.

It is only £5.65 - a bargain compared to the price of some other spot treatments.  I think I will be making a change over from my prescribed cream.

1 comment:

  1. I almost picked this up last time I was in Lush! Think I'll give it a go next time I've got pennies xx

    ReplyDelete