Monday 7 May 2012

A Stereotypical Girls Review of Marvel's Avengers Assemble

It was the boy's birthday this week so we went to see Marvel's Avengers Assemble despite all the hype it was not a film I was that fussed about going to see but after seeing it I am glad I did.  It is without a doubt one of the best films of the year.

Before the film I knew very little about any of the characters since as far as superhero's are concerned I am a Batman fan and even at that I do not claim to know everything about Batman.  So I am not going to pretend I know loads about The Avengers.  I don't.

(Sometime's I am too cool)

The most I know is how fabulous Scarlett Johansson's curves are and that I despised Tony Stark in the first Iron Man film.  His arrogance annoyed me and I felt sorry for Pepper - typical female reaction to the film - but he grew on me during the second film and his character was amazing in The Avengers.

Stark's character a lot of the humour in the film and I feel the humour in the film is what gives the film its oomph.  His humour is largely based on his arrogance but once you get used to the fact he is super arrogant it becomes funny.

Usually superhero films have the odd line that makes you chuckle but this film was packed with funny one-liners, throughout.  Most of what I recall from the film is the funny one liners and of course the fact that most of the male cast are very handsome. There is a man for all types of women in this film I'd say.  For me it is the tall, dark and handsome Iron Man - the fact he has a Black Sabbath T-shirt is just the icing on the cake and. also created my favourite reference in the film.

The other members of the Avengers Assemble: Captain America, The Hulk (I didn't even realise he was in the film until he turned green), Black Widow, Thor and Hawkeye I knew basically nothing about them prior to the film but lack of knowledge didn't make the film any less great however I suspect there is a lot of jokes I simply did not pick up on.


The film is heavily action based but its's not a boring action film.  Its the one film genre that I am not a massive fan of - all the fighting and special effects are lost on me but despite being heavily action based it still manages to captures the imagination and I didn't switch off when all the fighting started.



The characters are well developed, in such a short space of time I might add, that you actually care what happens to them and in line with most super hero films there are elements of real life in both the characters and the story.  There are real life bad guys and real life good guys and the two will always have conflict - and the normal people like you and I will always want the good guy to 'save the world'.

In real life this does not always happen and in this current world spread economic downturn it is nice to see the good guys overcoming evil.  It is nice to see some colour in a rather grey world.

5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment