Sunday 29 July 2012

Crabtree and Evelyn - Lily Body Moisturiser

This is the last sample, from Latest in Beauty for now, as I currently do not have the money to subscribe to their monthly beauty box. Not having a job is hard.  The ironic thing is I applied for a job at Crabtree and Evelyn; it was a struggle to keep my bitterness at bay and give the product an honest review but this body moisturiser is hard to be negative about.

From the Crabtree and Evelyn website:


Pamper your skin with this exquisitely blended body cream infused with spirited Lily scent and formulated with moisturising shea butter along with rose hip and evening primrose oils, which are rich in essential fatty acids. Extracts of lily of the valley, peony, white magnolia, and elderflower help condition the skin.

  • A blend of grapeseed, jojoba, and wheat germ oils moisturise the skin.
  • Absorbs quickly and imparts a velvety feel to the skin.
  • Free of parabens, phthaletes, propylene glycol, and mineral oil.

Fragrance: A heart of lily of the valley blended with dewy greens, woodland mosses, musk, and ylang ylang.


The Description is straight to the point and I can't disagree with it - other than it might lead you to believe that the scent is really overpowering when it's not.  It is strong enough for you and others to be able to smell it but not so strong that you feel sick. It got the smell approval off my manfriend - the fact that he noticed it says it all.


The texture of the moisturiser is really light and it dries quickly which I really liked. It is a moisturiser that I could easily see myself using every day.  As much as I love the body butters I have reviewed previously, like The Body Shop's, they are heavy creams which I always find take a while to dry and end up staining the inside of my clothes because I do not have the patience to wait on it drying. 


The only downside I see to this product is the price - £22.00 for 200g.  If you have a job it would be a nice treat.  It is a product that will be kept at the back of my mind until I do have the money to buy it.


Anyone tried anything else from Crabtree and Evelyn?

No comments:

Post a Comment