Saturday 8 December 2012

Umberto Giannini - Glam Hair and Root Boost

I am a sucker for hair products, my hair is average.  I look after it but it lacks that superstardom oomfh I lust after. I dream of big Brigitte Bardot boofy hair but instead I have thick heavy on the head hair that flops like a dogs tail.  Since I started work I have found I usually cannot be bothered spending as much time on my hair as I usually would and the winter weather makes it a waste of time, time that could be spent in bed sleeping.

My Average Hair.
The Hair of my Dreams

But I thought I would invest in some products that might make my hair look pretty good with as little effort in the morning as possible. I am not a morning person in the slightest.


Umberto Giannini was two for £8.00 in Boots and I had just been paid, as if the gorgeous tins the produce comes in was not reason enough already.  I adore the packaging of Umberto Giannini products, especially the glam hair products in the sleek black cans - so elegant.

Morning After Dry Shampoo: This product fell a bit flat with me, not quite as flat as my hair but it has not wowed me.  When compared to the Batisse volume dry shampoo it does not really compare.  It does score points on the fact that it is invisible so there is no sightly residue in your hair and it leaves the hair kind of tousled looking, but I would not repurchase this.

Root Boost Volume Spray for Big Hair: I do love this though. I have previously used back-comb in a bottle which I also liked, but unless you want 80's styled back-combed hair it can be a little overpowering for an every day look.  This is more what I have been looking for though.  You simply spray it on your roots, boof with a comb or brush and voila more volume in your hair.  And because it acts as a hairspray as well you don't need to use multiple products.  I cannot wait to experiment more with this over the Christmas season.

No comments:

Post a Comment