Sunday 17 February 2013

Kiss Her La Petite Robe Noir - Perfume Post


I was lucky to be blessed with new perfume for my birthday (which was over a month ago) so I felt it was time to share my new found favourite scents.  A lot of people say that perfume is a bad present choice because people like different perfumes, but I personally like a little bit of everything.  My perfume collection ranges from super sweet perfumes like Ed Hardy to the super strong Chanel No.5.  I like different perfumes for different moods.  Do you enjoy getting perfume as a present or would you rather chose it yourself?

No.1 - Dita Von Teese - Premier Perfume.

I would firstly like to note that the Dita Von Teese Perfume bottle is broken - it should look like the picture below but my tassel broke off on the first day I used it.  Obviously, a design flaw.  However the 40ml comes in a better bottle with a perfume pump - it is lovely.  I was bought this because I am a great lover of Dita Von Teese, she is my style icon.  The perfume like the beautiful lady herself is emanates elegance and deep sensuality. 

Ingredients: Bergamot, peony and Bourbon pepper, heart of rose, Tahitian Tiare flower and Jasmine. Base of patchouli, musk, guaiac wood and sandalwood.
Available from: Amazon
Price: £11-25.

No.2 - Guerlain - La Petite Robe Noir.

I fell in love with this perfume whilst I was working in John Lewis over Christmas, there were some sample bottles of perfume near the watch counter so I would freshen up and at the same time try out new perfumes. This is the one that stuck with me though.  I always though Chanel No.5 was my signature perfume until I found this. As I said in the introduction I like both fruity and strong perfume, but I have never found a perfume which is both - La Petite Robe Noir manages to be both.  At first I thought it smelt of blackcurrant but is is actually black cherries, I love cherries so it was always going to be an instant hit.  A lot of fruity perfumes can smell a little cheap, I feel, this remains sophisticated but it is still understated enough that you could wear it comfortably on a shopping trip.


"Like the cut of a dress, my fragrance is shaped with all of Guerlains’ finesse. Its simple 
signature enhances and romances several exceptional materials in a bold overdose. Black 
cherry blinks the first wink. It is illustrated by a clever blend that extends exquisite almond and delicious berries. The second wink takes place as rose enters the stage. Finally, the shadowy temptations of licorice and smoky black tea reveal more of me and lead to irresistible seduction. For the ultimate temptation, the entire creation is wrapped in Guerlinade. Fresh, enigmatic and exhilarating... Mischievous and captivating... I am the warm spark beneath the sweetness".

Available From: John Lewis, Debenhams, and other stores.
Price: £38-78.00

No.3 - Kiss Perfume - Kiss Her.

Judging from past post's you will no doubt know that I am a bit of a rock chick, so Kiss perfume was right up my street.  Gimmicky perfume is not going to be to everyone's taste but I love tack. It was Fiona over at The Beauty Fiend that got me this one, along with other goodies that I still need to review. I knew the perfume existed because she has it but I hadn't actually smelt it, surprisingly it is really nice.  I expected it to be sugary sweet but it is actually quite musky.  It reminds me a little of White Musk from The Body Shop.  This is a great gift for any rock chick (or rocker, it also comes in masculine form).  A lovely perfume for the price, I am going to get a bottle to include in my 150 follower give away, so one of you will get to try it.  You will need to dawn some face-paint whilst you review it... obviously. 



Ingredients: floral, fresh spicy, green, woody, animalic, amber.
Available from: Watt Brothers and Amazon.
Price: £5-12.00


The perfumes in this post range in price, which brings up the question of does it really matter how much your perfume costs, if it smells nice?  What is your favourite perfume?  I used to be a big fan of  Lovely by Sarah Jessica Parker but I feel I have grown out of it or simply sickened myself of it. Has anyone else found this with old favourite perfumes?  It is amazing how many questions perfume can bring up.



4 comments:

  1. My favourite perfume is ghost, but I do like katy Perrys x

    ide love it if you checked out my mac lipstick giveaway :) 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Kiss perfume looks fabulous, I'm a sucker for a rock-related gimmick, sounds awesome! I have a sample of La Petite Robe Noir, it's really nice. I love Lancome La Vie Est Belle at the minute, Roberto Cavalli Serpentine (although it doesn't last long on me) and I really want to get another bottle of Britney Cosmic Fantasy, it's yum. Love perfume x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog!

    Would you like to follow each other on GFC?


    Vivianista.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the smell of kiss perfume. It is one of my fiance's favorite perfume. Try also this perfume for women. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete