Friday 13 April 2012

Benefit - Lemon Aid - Colour Correcting Eyelid Primer

I discovered this product through nosing in one of my flatmate's makeup bag - as you do.  Well as any girl with a love of makeup does, no?

Recently I was diagnosed with an under active thyroid so it is safe to say that I have been one tired girl and did I mention I also have a dissertation to complete?  I'm so tired these days that yesterday I fell up a flight of stairs and today I walked away from a checkout without having paid for my shopping.  It would appear I'm not only a bit ill but also a bundle of embarrassment.

This level of tiredness also has the side effect of looking like 'hot shit' most days.  The glazed over look is one that is becoming my normal look. 

Lemon Aid by Benefit is helping brighten my face up a little though - even if that is the only thing bright about me on that given day.

Like all Benefit products it comes in the kitch little box and cute tub.  At this point I would also like to mention that I got this as a bargain on eBay for £5.00 and not the retail price of £16.50 but if you have some spare money this is a good product to have in your makeup bag.

You can either wear Lemon Aid as either a colour corrector for your eyelids or as an eyelid primer for under eyeshadow.

I bought it to wear as a colour corrector - my eyelids are rather red in tone these days and the yellow shade helps make them look normal again.  Well, actually better than normal - lovely bright eyes.

It works really well as an eyeshadow primer too though -

As you can see super shimmery eyelids - this usually does not look this good. I usually end up with shimmer in all the wrong places like smeared across my face.  Lemon Aid holds the eyeshadow in place and even after a gig in a sweaty venue it was still in place! Hooray! 

If you enjoy both shimmer and live music - then get this! Even if you only wear it to gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment