Sunday 29 April 2012

The Cabin in the Woods - Review

I was meant to write this at the start of the week but my dissertation is due in just over a week so I am pretty busy at the moment and not really in a writing mood if I am being honest but I thought I would give a quick review of this little gem.

The unoriginal title made me pay absolutely no attention to this film at first and I am a big horror fan.  I figured it was just another crap horror film but then I kept seeing people saying how good it was - which intrigued me.



Since viewing the film I have seen more reviews saying that people weren't impressed with the film and that there are holes in the plot - there totally is but if you take the film at face value you might enjoy it.

I found the film enjoyable and unlike my original thought it does sway from the traditional horror story line albeit the end is strange and hard to get to grips with. It does involve a cabin and a group of college students who partake in drinking and getting high but the non-originality ends there.

I didn't find the film scary or jumpy - it is more interesting and there is a lot of visual imagery that makes you go 'Oh what's that?'

If enjoy horror, thriller or the occasional sci-fi then give this film a chance and let me know what you think of it.

4/4

No comments:

Post a Comment