Tuesday 3 April 2012

Steel Panther - Live Review - Glasgow 28/03/12


Any excuse to back-comb my hair and wear an excessive amount of glitter and leopard print (also known as being extremely tacky) and I’m there but a Steel Panther gig gave me a valid reason to rock the tackiness up a notch.

On questioning my flatmate on whether my outfit was tacky enough the response was ‘just wait on until you do your makeup’ – oh burn.  True though.  It is all part of the fun of being a part-time glam rocker – just like the band that I was going to see.

Anyone who believes that Steel Panther are all they proclaim to be in their songs – womanising, drug taking, party animal - are extremely deluded – what Steel Panther do is perfect the act of satire. I have no doubt that the band have enjoyed all the above at some point in their lives but what they are famous for is their cheeky lyrics that poke fun at the glam metal scene itself. 

‘I get high, that ain’t no lie. But I can’t afford another friggin DUI’.

This was not my first time seeing the funny foursome but this was the first time seeing them headline their own show – at the Glasgow O2 Academy.  This band needs no special effects nothing flashy – the whole band has stage presence and charisma.  Even Zadinia the drummer.
Michael Starr

Stix Zadinia

The costumes and the crude jokes aside the band is extremely talented – in all that they do – from the stage persona they take on to the lyrics and music.  Every member of the band possesses great musical talent and excel musically.  I feel the humour of the band sometimes overshadows the bands sheer talent.

Andy Copping the book for Download Festival recently said – Anyone who hasn't bought into STEEL PANTHER yet, I think it's time you went shopping...they are the future...love 'em”! The band is due to play Download Festival this summer.

The band played new tracks from Balls out the latest album and old classics like Community Property from Feel the Steel- that one had the whole crowd singing along.  They also played the highly anticipated hit Death to All But Metal which resulted in the crowd heavy rocking out.

As expected there were boobs on show – with the band inviting girls on to stage and then asking them to get...well their boobs out.  Everyone loves a nice set of boobs, don’t they?

After the gig I waited out the back of the venue to see the band and got my ticket signed – each member was so lovely.  Starr and Foxxx are rather beautiful up close as expected but Satchel and Zadinia are also both strikingly good looking – although I am not sure how good looking they would be without the wigs. You can tell they enjoy meeting their fans and appreciate the support.
Michael Starr
Me, Suzee & Lexxi Foxxx

If you want to have both a good time, see a talented band, see some boobs and have a laugh then Steel Panther are the band for you to go see. If you are easily shocked then it is not for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment