Sunday, 31 March 2013

The 90's Called and They Want Their Skirt Back.

You will either love this skirt or you'll think it's horrendous, and that I am a bit of a nutter for buying it.  If I am being honest I felt slightly nutty buying it, more so since I ran down before work to make sure I managed to get it in my size.

Miss Selfridge - £22.

I was first introduced to the Barbie range at Miss Selfridge  through one of my favourite blogs: The Shoe Girl Diaries.  This girl has fabulous taste in shoes and fashion.  Ugh, so many beautiful and unusual shoes.  Every time I look at her blog I want to go raid her wardrobe, and then feel sad that I don't rock a style that cool. Maybe one day.

Miss Selfridge have had a great range of Barbie T-shirts, Leggings and tube dresses for a while, however with me being 4ft 11'' I didn't feel I could pull off heavily patterned leggings and the dress would have been very unflattering.  But, at last they brought out a Barbie print skirt.

I love that the comic/pop art print looks set to be one of this seasons looks, it has always been one of my favourite prints.  Even if it is a very hard print to pull off.  This is where I need help - what the hell do I wear with that skirt and who want's to come to a gay bar with me? Nah, I joke. Although I am sure that a gay bar is the venue the skirt would be most appreciated in.  As my boyfriends face was one of utter horror when I pulled the skirt out the bag.

What is the most outrageous piece of clothing you have in your wardrobe?


4 comments:

  1. I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first
    comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog.
    I will keep visiting this blog very often.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say something short and loose as T-shirt, or maybe even an off-the-shoulder over a tank? I see this a lot where I'm at, and it seems to work, especially with some kind of metallic thights. *says the girl who wears jeans like a uniform* *oh, well*

    And fabulous shoes, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried the leggings on in the sale but the print was just too bold for my taste and made my legs look shorter lol

    ReplyDelete