Tuesday 16 April 2013

The Answer to My Sore Skin Woes, with Origins.

For the last three months...and ten year, I have been battling with Acne.  Over the years it has come and gone but the last year has seen a resurgence, that at times I just do not have the energy to battle.  I had almost thrown the towel in, and accepted that I will always have 'ahem' crap skin.  

I have been on anti-biotics for nearly three months, they have cleared up the particularly spotty area that I had on my chin, but I now have spots on my cheeks - an area which I have never been prone to spots. I can't say if they have done the job or not, they have helped a little but the results are not what I expected from being medicated for three months.  The only thing left on the Doctors list is Roaccutane - a very powerful acne medication with notorious side-effects, I have been avoiding it since I were twelve.  Part of me wishes I had taken Roaccutane when I was younger, as now I am simply too scared.  I don't have time for more side-effects, my under-active thyroid gives me enough of them to keep me occupied.

However, I may have found something that works for me.  Last week I was offered a facial from the ever glamorous Jen who works over at the Origins counter, next to me in work.  She had to practice for her test the next day and I got to get pampered on my lunch break - certainly a perk of working in the beauty department.  

My lunch break has never felt the same since.  A bland salad cannot compete with laying under a blanket, and having wonderful potions soothingly put on your face.  Jen done a fabulous job, my skin felt - I want to say how skin should feel. My skin felt like skin again, and not that achy dry pallet I apply make-up to. 

Before the facial I was consulted about my skin, so that the appropriate products which could benefit me were used.  This would be very beneficial for anyone who is unsure of their skin type, or does not where to start with a healthy skin care regime.

My current skin care regime revolves around whatever products I fancy using on that given day, mainly products from Lush.  I do love Lush skincare and other great brands, and I'm not saying anything negative in regards to them, but nothing has worked with such pace and effectiveness for my skin as the Mega Mushroom Collection by Dr Andrew Weils for Origins

At the time of my facial I had big red blotches (spots) on both my cheeks - they were inflamed and sore. Jen (being the star that she is) took note of my current problem and tailored my facial around Dr Weils which helps irritated skin.
The product that has wowed me the most is the Mega-mushroom Skin Relief Face Mask (when I heard mega-mushroom I made a bit of a face also).  I always take skin care with a pinch of salt, as I have learnt not to expect miracles when it comes to my skin, but I noticed a change in my skin within the first use.  Those red blotches shrunk and the redness was reduced.  After further usage they are almost gone.

Clinically proven to visibly reduce redness.After one use:
√ 92% of those tested agreed it helps uncomfortable, dry skin feel better. 


It is expensive though, coming in at £34.00.  Usually I wouldn't spend that much on a face-mask because I can't really afford to spend that much on one product but I whole heartedly recommend anyone with acne or blemishes to try this.

In the next couple of weeks I will be reviewing the Dr Weil's collection more in depth, as it really deserves a post all of it's own.

Origins at the moment are offering complimentary facials and I highly recommend all you beauty bloggers out there take advantage of it, because you could learn a lot about your skin type and your skin will feel gorgeous afterwards. If you are from Glasgow come to John Lewis, the Origins girls are all really nice - and then you can come chat to me afterwards, maybe buy some sunglasses 'wink'. 


2 comments:

  1. That sounds absolutely brilliant, a lifesaver for people who want a product to work quickly for them. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this products.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin???
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete